Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Baby the Model (or maybe not!)

Several months ago we were out and about doing some fall/winter shopping for Dylan when I saw a "sale" sign at Naartjie Kids and of course had to pop in for a look around.  While shopping the sales associate came over to say hello and then started asking some questions about Dylan - age/size/etc she then said "would you consider having him do some modeling?"  Not gonna lie, I was totally flattered.  I of course think my baby is the cutest in the world, but admit to being totally biased, but having the sales lady ask totally gave me a big head.  ha!  Anyway, she explained that the company uses all local kids and then gave us an application to send into the corporate office.  I hesitated on doing anything about it, but then decided if nothing else I'd get some free photos of Dylan!  A couple months went by with no word from the company, so I assumed we hadn't been chosen and then to my surprise in late November I got an email asking if we were still interested in participating!  I was pretty excited, but also nervous as Dylan's call time was right during nap time - the email also stated that if a child wasn't cooperating they would be asked to leave.  Long story short, I should have probably trusted my instinct and passed on the opportunity!  Dylan HATED it!  I honestly can't stress enough how absolutely horrible he thought it was.  From the moment we got there he just bawled the entire time!  I felt bad for the director of marketing, photographer, me, and mostly poor little Dylan!  I desperately wanted to just tell them never mind, but then felt guilty because I knew they had a job to do and we'd agreed to be a part of that.  Anyway, if nothing else came of it, we learned that Dylan does not likely have a modeling career in his future!  We also made a little money, got some free photos, and apparently starting on January 10th Dylan will be on their website!








  

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I would have gotten a big head too. It's too bad it was during nap time. And I doubt my kids would like multiple outfit changes. Fun to have some pictures and that he'll be on the website. Makes you wonder about the poor kids that do have modeling careers. Do they actually like it or are they miserably forced to do it?

    ReplyDelete