Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One Month

"I'm one month old today!!"


I can hardly believe Dylan has been here for an entire month already! When I was pregnant a month felt like an eternity and now as all parents seem to say, it's as if time is flying by! It's crazy how much life has changed - some days I feel like I haven't accomplished a single thing and then Pat reminds me that I've done the only thing that's important and that's care for this little boy. That being said I hope to one day figure out how other moms manage to shower, get dressed and feed themselves! Below are some pictures taken over the last month as well as a few tidbits about Dylan at this stage in life.
  • He loves to have his back rubbed/patted
  • His favorite place to be is cuddled on his daddy's chest
  • It took nearly an entire month, but he is finally nursing (hurray!!)
  • He's giggled a few times - all while nursing
  • He grunts all the time - perhaps acid reflux???
  • He likes it when mom sings him primary songs
  • He's got his days and nights totally backwards - he loves to be awake between midnight and 3

Dylan and Charlie the bear -
the plan is to take monthly pictures with Charlie and watch Dylan grow!

Taken right after bath time -
he likes real baths so much better then those dumb wash cloth baths!!

Check out that smile and those dimples!


Sleepy time with mommy

Cuddled on daddy's chest with the puppies

Our family is so blessed! I love watching Patrick be a daddy - he is so good at it! Who knew that one little boy could change my life so much! I feel so happy and fulfilled. I love being Dylan's mommy!

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends dealing with infertility expressed one day how she just couldn't comprehend how so many moms struggled with taking showers. She said that she just didn't get how it could be so hard and time consuming to take care of ONE child to the exclusion of showering.

    Yeah, she's having a baby in the morning. I'm so excited to see how long it takes her to realize that baby wipes are sometimes good enough. I tried to convince her of the virtue of baby wipes, but she didn't buy it. Heh.

    He's a cutie. I'm glad you two have come to an agreement about nursing, and that you're enamored with your little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete