Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree...

Pat and I are both big fans of real Christmas trees - I think it's mostly the smell of a real tree or perhaps because we both always had real trees growing up (in recent years my folks have switched to fake and I think Pat's have totally given up the tree, but as kids, they were always real). In past years I have insisted on heading out the day after Thanksgiving to get a tree, however, this year we've both been so tired that I honestly questioned if we'd manage to get a tree at all. Luckily Pat knows how much it means to me and wouldn't let me go without one! We didn't get one quite as early as usual but I am happy to report that yesterday we went and got our tree. I know Dylan didn't know what was going on and he won't remember going, but it was important to me that we went as a family to pick the tree. I of course had to choose one of the coldest days so far to go get it! We didn't examine the trees as much as I usually do because of the cold and wanting to get Dylan back inside, but we still managed to get a pretty good tree and I'm loving sitting in the soft glow of the Christmas tree lights as I type up this post!



All bundled up in his snow suit! He reminds me of Randy (Ralphie's little brother) from the Christmas Story!


Using the carrier for the first time - trying my best to keep him warm!


The glow of the tree I'm enjoying right at this moment!
(I do realize it's leaning a bit, please don't mention it to Pat!) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment