Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011


For Christmas this year Pat and I decided to forego our normal trip to Boise and spend our first Christmas in Lehi. I confess I was a bit sad with the decision. This was the first year ever that I wasn't spending the holiday at my parents house, but with the little one we decided it was just too soon to travel, and while I certainly would have loved to be with our families, I'm glad we decided to stay home. Being at home gave us the opportunity to start some of our own family traditions. My only requirement was reading about the birth of the Savior in Luke and Pat requested we eat pizza on Christmas Eve (ha!) Both were pretty easy to accommodate. Christmas Eve was spent together as a family, cuddling on the couch eating pizza and watching Christmas movies. Before we headed to bed we ended the night by reading in the Bible and putting presents under the tree. It was a perfect evening. On Christmas morning Dylan woke up at 6:30 so we decided to all get up and go open presents. As always we were all pretty spoiled. One definite highlight was a necklace my sweet little boy got for me (he's so thoughtful). After presents Pat made a delicious breakfast. Confession - we didn't make it to church! We've been holding off taking Dylan but really wanted to go on Christmas. Dylan had other plans for us and we just didn't quite make it. The afternoon was spent mostly napping. That evening my brothers came over for a delicious Christmas dinner of Chile Colorado. I am so lucky to be married to such a great cook! It my opinion it was a pretty close to perfect Christmas spent with my little family in Lehi.

Our Tree with all the presets underneath

Dylan with his presents

Even the puppies were spoiled!

We are so grateful to be a little family and while we didn't make it to church we are thankful for this time of year where we are able to be together as family and reflect on our Savior and the many blessing that he has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment