Wednesday, December 2, 2015

October 2015 Family Recap

It's no secret that we love October in our family!  Between the cooling weather and the fall/Halloween activities, it's just a total win for us!  This October will be a forever memorable one for us!

The month started out totally rough at our house with a nasty stomach bug that hit us all, but really took a toll on Neko!  She could not shake it and threw up for a solid week, it was the worst!  


When we finally thought she was better we decided to make our annual trip to Cornbelly's!  Surprise, she wasn't better, and threw up in the car on the way there!  Despite that, we still went, partly because we're bad parents and needed out of the house and because we'd promised Dylan.  Luckily she only got sick that once and we all had a good time!


 
 
 

Dylan got to go on his first field trip to Evan's Farm and Neko and I got to tag along!  It was a super fun activity!  I loved watching Dylan playing with his friends!

 
 
 
 
 
 


While unpacking all my Halloween stuff I realized my mom had given me a lot of stuff that would be great for a Halloween party!  So I asked my friend Angie if she'd be interested in helping.  We invited all of our preschool class and threw our first Halloween Party!  It was super fun, and Dylan loved it!







Thanksgiving Point held a Scarecrow Festival this year and we got our friends to come along with us.  There were so many people and it was a little crazy, but we still managed to have fun!

 
 
 
 
 

Even though we'd picked up plenty of pumpkins at all our other adventures, we couldn't let the month pass without our annual trip to Lindsay's Pumpkin Patch (which isn't really a pumpkin patch, but it's become a tradition and Dylan loves it!)

 
 

One of our local pop up photo stores was doing a great Halloween deal that I couldn't pass up, so I put the kids in their costumes and took them in.  Neko hated it!  She cried the entire time, guess I should have passed the deal up!  Oh well they both still looked so cute!




 

And as if we hadn't done enough, we had to squeeze in one more trip to a pumpkin patch with our friends!  We headed to Hee Haw farms one evening and had a great time going down the big slide, going on a pony ride, and taking the tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch!

 


 

Then the BIG event of the month, we went to Disneyland!  The trip will get an entire post of it's own, but it was so so so fun and such a great addition to our Halloween festivities!


We made it a point to make it home from Disneyland in time for pumpkin carving and Trick-or-Treating!  We were all pretty tired, but still so excited that our friends agreed to come get candy with us!




 







 
 
 
 
 
 

And then of course there's just all the tons of random photos I've taken through the month of either going to the movies, or pumpkin painting, or just being together!

 
 


 

 

 


 
 




And with that I will end the world's longest post!  I'm not sure anyone reads any of my blogs, but if you read all of this one, I'm impressed!




















No comments:

Post a Comment