Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dylan's First Halloween

I love everything about Halloween (okay, maybe not everything, I could do without 15+ year olds coming to my door for candy and then running amok through the neighborhood smashing pumpkins (um, this didn't actually happen, so not quite sure why i'm so upset about it))!  I love that it means fall and changing leaves, I love little kids in costumes, I love candy, and pumpkins and Halloween decor - it's for sure my second favorite holiday and a close contender for first!  The only thing that could make Halloween any better is having my own little one to join in on the fun!  Granted, he didn't care about a bit of it, but I loved going to the pumpkin patch, the zoo, and yes, I even took him trick-or-treating to a few houses on the block!  I felt a bit silly, but in my defense, he did eat some of the candy we collected!  We had a couple costumes for him, one that I picked up last year on clearance and another my mom got on clearance (she taught me well!)  Dylan didn't really care for either one, but tolerated them for at least a bit!!

Our October/Halloween festivities started with a trip to HeeHaw Farms







Followed up with Boo at the Zoo with the neighbors - thank goodness both of our babies were too little to care about candy, the lines were insane!  We just spent it like a normal day at the zoo, except in costume!





You can't have Halloween without a jack-o-lantern!  Daddy was in charge of carving while Mommy entertained Dylan!


And to finish it all up - a night of trick-or-treating and candy!!  









Can't wait till next year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment