Friday, November 16, 2012

1st Birthday - A Monster Bash!



Ah!  It's official, my baby is 1!!  It honestly is a little surreal.  I didn't get nearly as emotional about it as I thought I would, but I think that's because I kept myself busy planning his party!  When he hit the nine month mark I started pinning ideas on pinterest and then decided I was crazy.  I was essentially planning a party for me and Pat.  Then as I mentioned in my previous post, an unexpected reason to travel to Boise arrived just at the right time to celebrate Dylan turning one, so I went into full party planning mode!  For about a month all of Dylan's nap times were spent with me trying to pull all my ideas together.  I am so not a party planner, so I needed to start early!!  There were multiple times I thought to myself  "why am I doing this, he's one, he doesn't care" but honestly I'm so glad I did it!  The first birthday was for me and family to celebrate Dylan and I loved how everything turned out (except for the fact Dylan had a cold and come to find out ear infection, poor little fella!  Despite not feeling well, he was pretty happy for the party!)  I love my little monster so much and feel like the luckiest mama ever!

The Decor and Treats













The Party People!





                     









Presents! Dylan got some seriously fun stuff!!

 





And what's a birthday without cake?!?  Actually, we totally could have had a cake free birthday as Dylan wanted nothing to do with it!!  Crazy kid!




                           

Happy 1st Birthday!
We love you birthday boy!!



















1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are a great party planner! What a fun party! I can't believe he's one. Time sure goes by fast. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete