Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Working Weekend

Two weekends ago we decided it was time to paint our bedroom. This was my first time ever painting. I guess I’m a boring person, because I’ve always been content living in our floor to ceiling off-white bedroom. Pat on the other hand has been talking about it for at least the last year, and he finally convinced me. Here’s how the weekend broke down.

Friday – Pat took the day off and spent the entire day moving furniture, taping baseboards, and buying paint supplies and test colors. He put five different shades of blue on our walls to choose from. Once I got home we got busy painting the ceiling white. Again, this was my first time and let’s be honest, I’m kinda a slow poke and a bit clumsy, so it wasn't exactly a speedy process. On top of that, I was put in charge of all the small work that had to be done on the ladder. I’m happy to report I didn’t fall off the ladder or step down into any paint even once.

(You can see my contribution to the Friday painting there in the blue paint - I'm oh so helpful!)

Saturday – We got up early, realized we didn’t like any of the blues and went and bought 3 gallons of untested green. We spent the majority of the day painting away. Luckily we loved how the green turned out – it was defiantly the right decision! I also managed to escape this day without any mishaps!




The best part of the entire process was that we got to spend the entire day together. Pat’s schedule has him working every Saturday right now, which really limits our together time since I work Monday – Friday. I loved that he took the time off work to be with me and to take our bedroom from a drab off-white to a lovely shade of green.

1 comment:

  1. Most of our house is still white. I'm not good at making big decisions like paint colors. You guys did well- it looks great! I'm not good at painting either!

    ReplyDelete