Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Boy Updates

7/18 - As my alarm went off this morning, I painfully pulled myself out of bed and got into the shower. I was not feeling much more awake after my shower and in my normal lazy way I sat down on the ground to dry my hair. Once my hair was dry I decided it was impossible for me to stand up and get ready, I was just too sleepy, so I laid down on the floor. Suddenly as I was laying there I felt a tiny "pop" in my belly, almost like a bubble. I laid still for another minute and then came another "pop"! It suddenly dawned on me, I had just felt my baby move! Needless to say, I stayed laying on the floor for quite some time after that trying to encourage some additional "pops", consequently making me quite late for work! I only got the two small "pops" that morning, but in the weeks that have followed there have been times where my belly feels a little something like this… "POP, pop pop POP pop" Oh how I love feeling this little guy move around in my belly!


8/1 - Today we had a follow up ultrasound. At the initial ultrasound they couldn't get a clear view of Dylan's* heart, so they just wanted to take another look to make sure everything is okay. To our relief, everything looks great. They were able to see all four chambers and confirm he's looking good. I love every chance I get to look at our little boy. Towards the end of the ultra sound we were looking at his face when Dylan started yawning sooo big, then stuck out his tongue and yawned again. It was the most incredible thing. I couldn't stop giggling and crying at the same time. Somehow seeing those tiny baby yawns just made everything seem that much more real. Our little sleepy boy just growing away, getting ready to join our family. As we drove home from the appointment Pat made the comment, "we made that together, it's our greatest project to date." We love you little boy and can't wait to meet you, but we'll be patient as you still have some serious growing to do!

*Name subject but not likely to change

2 comments:

  1. I like the name Dylan... i don't like that i heard it for the first time on a blog... oh well. I'm so happy that things are going well, an that we'll all get to meet him soon! Also, I haven't forgotten about making a baby list...i've just been thinking about it for a while. I'll e-mail it when i think i've thought of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so incredible?! I loved feeling movements from my baby, even if they kept me up at night sometimes. I'm happy he is growing and developing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete