Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mother's Day

Last year I tried to convince Pat that I deserved something for Mother's Day as I was the future mother of his children and the mother of his two four-legged hairy children - he didn't go for it. This year though with Baby Holloway busily growing he decided I had a legitimate argument for celebrating my first Mother's Day, and he didn't disappoint. He started the day with making me a delicious breakfast in bed, followed up by this amazing gift. (which is also my anniversary, birthday and everything else present)


Now if I can only figure out how to use it before the little one arrives!

And of course a very special mention to my own mom who has made me who I am today. Thanks mom for always answering when I call (multiple times a day) to ask advice, or chat or just rant about whatever happened that day. I am sure these calls will only multiply as my own little one arrives. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. Let me know how to like it. I'm hoping to get one myself before this babe is born, and I'm torn between the one you have and the Canon. Oh, the decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome present. I got a dslr last year for Mother's Day, anniversary, etc., too. I love my camera, but didn't know how to use the thing, so I took this class online from a fabulous photographer, which taught me the basics and gave me good feedback and got me going. This summer I'm going to take another class at UVU through their community education program taught by one of the Allen brothers of Allens Camera. I'm excited. It's fun to see my pictures evolve, too. There's a TON to learn about how to take good pictures.

    ReplyDelete