Thursday, September 30, 2010

I just really love the pioneers

A few Sundays ago the topic in sacrament meeting was the pioneers. I have such a great love and respect for the early Saints. In my teenage years when my testimony wasn’t as strong I often found myself relying on the testimony of those Saints. I knew it had to be true, because they knew and suffered so much for it. On this particular Sunday I was especially touched. My sweet visiting teacher was speaking and I couldn’t help but cry as she talked of the Prophet, Joseph Smith. At first these tears were fine, and within reason, but as her talk progressed I found myself crying heavily. Then a word. By the end of the song, I was bawling. Patrick was mortified. He leaned over and asked me what was wrong and all I could say was “I just really love the pioneers.” I felt ridiculous! Yes, I love the early saints, but this was out of hand! I called my mom later to relay this event to her and she was quick to remind me “well, you are taking all those hormones.” It was a relief to know I hadn’t completely lost it and there was a good explanation for this little episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment