Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wedding Weekend


Since I'm new to the blog I figure I'll be forgiven for multiple posts in one day as well as posting about past events, especially if it's about my wedding! Words can't even express how wonderful our wedding day was, I really couldn't have asked for anything more! The weather was perfect, all of my favorite people were there and my husband was so handsome! Thanks to all who were there and helped make it so incredibly perfect. Here's a quick (or not so quick) review of the wedding weekend!

On Thursday four of my very best friends got into town - my sister Jana, my friend Bri from IL and then Lauren and Jess from PA. I had no idea that Jess was coming until she got into town so it was such a fun surprise!

Friday started the influx of family and friends. That day we had our rehearsal up at Log Haven


After getting the details out of the way we went and had a little picnic where Pat was our grill master and made sure we were all well fed! It was really low key and fun to just hang out with everyone, I think Pat wishes we would have just had our wedding there in shorts and flipflops!


After our little picnic my dear friends Emily and Marcey threw me a wonderful little bridal shower, it was so fun to have all my best friends since I was a little girl in the same room! I admit I got a bit choked up, how could I not?!?


After all the Friday fun it was finally Saturday and time for the wedding. Our wedding was at 11:00 a.m. so needless to say the day started pretty early with hair, makeup etc. but it was well worth it! My Uncle Eric is a judge in St. George and we felt so honored to have him there and perform the wedding for us.

Pat and I had a civil ceremony since he just got baptized in November, so it gave me the opportunity to walk down the aisle, not something I thought I'd ever do, but it was wonderful. As I mentioned, Eric performed the ceremony which included Pat and I exchanging vows (let the water works begin!)


After the ceremony it was time for the majority of our guests to go eat appetizers while we did about an hours worth of posed photos with the amazing Russ Dixon (I'm suppose to have the link to the professional shots by 7/3 and promise to share them with you all!) In the meantime my family managed to snap a few great shots for us!


Finally the reception started - it was really wonderful and low key. One of the first things we did after eating was say our thank you's to everyone, I cried like a baby! Next I asked my dad if he'd be willing to play a song for me that he'd written about his daughters, he was really nervous to do it, but did such an amazing job... it certainly didn't help the crying but it meant the world to me. After that we cut our delicious wedding cake and then had our first dance. We picked the longest song for our dance, we both were just laughing because we thought it would never end and we'd lost everyone's interest minutes ago! However, then we remembered that the dance was for us and not anyone else and decided just to enjoy it!


As I said, the entire day was perfect and we felt so honored to have so many of our friends and family there for us - it was more than we could have asked for!! We feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives and mostly to have on another. It's such an amazing thing to know we get to go through the rest of our lives with our very best friend.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and what a beautiful setting for a wedding. Your pictures are stunning; such a lovely wedding gown. I clicked "next blog" after mine, and located yours....my lucky day cause I love weddings! I wish you both a life time of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your on here so I can keep posted on things! Your wedding was so flippin beautiful - and you look even more so! Love and miss you lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding was the best! You looked amazing...and Pat looked good, too! I'm so glad that we were able to come and celebrate the day with you!

    ReplyDelete